Friday, April 3, 2009

Some of My Favorite Goals

As a football fan, I'm somewhat peculiar. I've never been one to flock to the "best" and the most "famous" players because... well, I don't really have a reason, it's just not my style.

The same thing applies to goals. I'm not a huge fan of the "big name" players that the world has to offer quite simply because most of them don't play for any of my teams. I'm impressed as any other football fan by Messi's Maradona-esque goal last season, but I won't include that goal, or others like it, in this list as they meant nothing to me.

To me, a special goals will (often) involve one of my favorite teams. Goals won't necessarily be judged by their aesthetic beauty, but by other traits. For a goal to be special in my book, it has to be a goal that means something. A player's breakout, a goal in the dying minutes, a coach's profecy. etc. etc. etc.

With that said, here are some of my recent favorite goals.

5. DeNigris -- Mexico vs. Brazil


4. Alan Gordon -- Galaxy vs. Chivas USA


3. Nery Castillo -- Mexico vs. Brazil


2. Chris Klein -- Galaxy vs. Pachuca


1. Aquivaldo Mosquera - Pachuca vs. Guadalajara
(My all-time favorite football moment-- so good, that the whole 10 mins. deserve to be seen)

No comments: