Pachuca managed a 2-2 draw from Santos' Estadio Corona today. That leaves Pachuca at 7 wins, 3 draws and 2 losses. The only troubling factor is Pachuca's lack of performance on the road. Only 2 wins on the road this season and the last one in early February.
That sets Pachuca up for next week: Perhaps an early preview of this year's final, pitting CF Pachuca vs. CD Toluca. Toluca is currently in first, undefeated, and leading the league with 26 points. Pachuca trails closely behind with 24 points and the top offense in the league.
Pachuca's biggest weapon? Christian "El Chaco" Gimenez. Gimenez has been a stand-out performer for a long time, enjoying good showings at Veracruz before his brief spell at Club America, and again becoming a star with Pachuca. This season, however, he's the top scorer in the league, having netted 5 goals in the past two games (yes, todays were penalty kicks, but still). Gimenez is dreaming of an Argentine call-up and with Riquelme's recent rocky exit... you never know...
For now, enjoy Chaco's goals so far this season...
#1 (Week 4 vs. Club America)
#2 (Week 6 vs. Puebla)
#3-4 (Week 9 vs. Tecos)
#5-7 (Week 11 vs. Necaxa)
#8-9(Week 12 vs. Santos)
- MLS... Let Them Speak
- What's Going On.... With Landon Donovan?
- The Half Court Offense
- Week 6 : Galaxy @ Colorado Rapids
- Doing Things Right
- At Last!! Our Left Back is Complete Again!
- Thoughts on the Hex
- How Frank Yallop Dismantled Los Angeles
- Week 5: Galaxy @ San Jose [The California Clasico]...
- The Ever Classy Legion 1908
- Dema Was Innocent
- Chivas USA: The Ugly Duckling: 2 Years Later
- Stop the League, Goal of the Year
- ... and referees ruin them!
- No Open Cup, Heads Remain Low
- Week 4: Galaxy vs. Chivas USA [The Los Angeles De...
- Pachuca and the Super Chaco
- It's a Hard Sell
- MLS Week 3: Galaxy 2-3 Colorado
- Some of My Favorite Goals
- Eddie Munster / Aguirre's Demands
- Mexico Wasted Valuable Time With Sven
- ▼ April (22)