Monday, April 13, 2009
Dema Was Innocent
At the Week 3 game vs. the Colorado Rapids I had a great line of sight on the tackle that cost Dema Kovalenko ejection from the match. I clearly saw Medhi Ballouchy step on the ball and Kovalenko getting to the ball first on the tackle, which automatically makes the tackle legitimate.
Unfortunately, the camera angles were not in favor of my argument and everybody concluded that Dema was an irresponsible idiot who got himself sent off on a bad tackle.
Browsing YouTube, I found this little gem. A clear HQ shot of Dema Kovalenko at the precise moment of impact on that tackle. The shot shows three things:
a) Dema going into the tackle with ONE leg, not two.
b) Ballouchy stepping on the ball at the moment of impact.
c) Dema making contact with the ball first, not the man.
I call this shot: DEMA WAS INNOCENT
- MLS... Let Them Speak
- What's Going On.... With Landon Donovan?
- The Half Court Offense
- Week 6 : Galaxy @ Colorado Rapids
- Doing Things Right
- At Last!! Our Left Back is Complete Again!
- Thoughts on the Hex
- How Frank Yallop Dismantled Los Angeles
- Week 5: Galaxy @ San Jose [The California Clasico]...
- The Ever Classy Legion 1908
- Dema Was Innocent
- Chivas USA: The Ugly Duckling: 2 Years Later
- Stop the League, Goal of the Year
- ... and referees ruin them!
- No Open Cup, Heads Remain Low
- Week 4: Galaxy vs. Chivas USA [The Los Angeles De...
- Pachuca and the Super Chaco
- It's a Hard Sell
- MLS Week 3: Galaxy 2-3 Colorado
- Some of My Favorite Goals
- Eddie Munster / Aguirre's Demands
- Mexico Wasted Valuable Time With Sven
- ▼ April (22)